Short Story: Eternity's Ark

Come here to request a critique of your work or find beta readers.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST YOUR WORK OR A LINK TO YOUR MANUSCRIPT HERE :!:

If you do, it will be considered first publication and you will not be able to sell it to a publisher. This forums is to make the connections with people so you can send them your work via a link in a private message or exchange other contact info.

Before post please READ TIHS POST for instructions for posting a critique or beta request on this forum.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

Short Story: Eternity's Ark

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 am

Title: Eternity's Mind
Length, Draft and Language: ~4,000 words, third draft, English
Brief Summary: A zookeeper on a space ship has to defend a creature he fears from aliens who want to steal it.
Sub Genre & Keywords: Sci-Fi
Known Issues: None right now, but I may update this as I finish the first editing pass
Critique Requested: I want to make sure the story flows well and that the character is someone the reader cares about.
Critique Tolerance: Bring it! :D
Experience & Goals: This is my third short story that I'm aiming to publish. This has to be in to the publisher by the end of January to get included in the Sidekicks anthology, and I want time to be able to change it if the publisher has suggestions for me. So the earlier I get this back the better.
Method of Communication: Email. You can give your thoughts in a list in the email, or as notes in the file.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

ALKessler
Short Story

Re: Short Story: Eternity's Ark

Post by ALKessler » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Send it my way if you can get it to me before the 22nd. (I'll have no internet in Delta.) I'd be able to get it back to you by Dec 30th. I think you have my email. :D

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 pm

I'll get it to you by Friday.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:32 am

Draft 2 is done, just over 4,100 words. It's now ready for beta if anyone is interested.