[2015-10-24] Mile Hi Con Author's Table

Post events that would interest authors along the Front Range. Conventions? Author related conferences? We would love to hear about it.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: [2015-10-24] Mile Hi Con Author's Table

Post by JL Zenor » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Shirts have been ordered, and the business cards (only 100) have been ordered. I still have to order the table stand but they have that on Amazon with fast shipping so I'm not too worried about it yet.

I ran into some money problems that meant I had to use my own money to buy everything so far. The money given via PayPal takes a few days to transfer, and the money that was in our account was used to purchase the books and not everyone has paid us back for their copies yet. As the convention is approaching quickly we didn't have the time to wait for everything to clear and everyone to pay us back. But oh well... As soon as that PayPal money clears into the checking account I will order the book display, then we just have to wait to receive everything and we are ready to go!

Can't wait for the convention :)
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 pm

The PayPal money hasn't transferred to ENT yet. I'm going to wait until tomorrow before I start to pursue this, because I know with my bank that most Friday-Sunday transactions don't clear until Tuesday. Anyway, once that money has hit the account I will order the book display.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.

RonfarZ3
Chapter Book

Post by RonfarZ3 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:26 pm

JL Zenor wrote:The PayPal money hasn't transferred to ENT yet. I'm going to wait until tomorrow before I start to pursue this, because I know with my bank that most Friday-Sunday transactions don't clear until Tuesday. Anyway, once that money has hit the account I will order the book display.
Today's also Columbus Day, so all the banks are closed, regardless.
The Fluxion Trilogy available on Smashwords! Follow BMW the Author on Twitter and Facebook!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 am

Good point....

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Alright, so something was wrong in the information I gave PayPal and so I have to re-verify everything, meaning it will take several days before any money shows up in the account. However, the money is all back in the PayPal account, so I'm going to just buy the book displays out of my own account today and paypal that money to my account. We'll get this done one way or another! :P

Some good news, I got the PayPal Here setup on our account, which means we can accept credit cards at our table when selling books. I'll load up my iPad with the PayPal app so it's ready to use, providing we have an internet connection at the con. If not, I guess I'll have to use my phone.

Our copies of the anthology have been shipped. UPS estimates that they will arrive on Friday.

Shirts and business cards have not shipped yet...

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:34 am

Shirts, book display, and books all arrived today. Still waiting on the business cards which are due to arrive tomorrow.

Trying to think of what else we will need... We need a way to keep and handle money, and we will need to pull out money to use as change for those paying cash next week. Sigh... I want to stop buying things!