2016 Anthology Progress

An open discussion about anything related to the Midnight Writers. What events you saw us at, progress on the anthologies, or anything else you may want to know.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: 2016 Anthology Progress

Post by JL Zenor » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:29 am

joenobody wrote:As one rejected I confirm receipt of the proverbial buggerall, as in I would never have known that it had been rejected if it hadn't occurred to me to check on the web page. HeyPublisher failing at the most basic of tasks there. It's not as though getting a server to send notification emails is particularly cutting-edge technology.

Bah.
There was an error last night when I was updating the status of the stories. I do apologize for that email not going through. I'm working with HeyPublisher to try and get a list of emails so I can send out proper notifications.

Sorry you didn't make it in, this year. The decision was a difficult one. Hopefully you will make it into the next anthology!
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:44 pm

The contracts have been emailed out to everyone. The next step can start as soon as we get those back!
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:22 pm

We are starting to get some of the stories back from our editor, so you should be expecting those soon!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:26 pm

The stories that required the most editing have been returned from the editor and sent back out to the authors, so things should start to go quicker now.

Also, I'm sorry payment hasn't gone out yet. I'll get that sent this weekend.

Hokieshibe
Blank Page

Post by Hokieshibe » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 am

So, if I haven't heard from you yet, it means I proofed mine well. Sweet. Take your time

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Hokieshibe wrote:So, if I haven't heard from you yet, it means I proofed mine well. Sweet. Take your time
We had two stories that needed some structural changes and polishing that we knew about and talked to the author about going into the editing phase. Those, of course, took a lot longer to edit than the majority of stories that just need a proofreading review.

I'm hoping all of the other stories will be going out to the authors this weekend.

Hokieshibe
Blank Page

Post by Hokieshibe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:41 am

I was just teasing. Totally understand, and in no rush.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:10 pm

All payments have gone out to the authors! This project is one step closer to reality. :)

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Most of the stories have been edited and sent back to the author for review. Sang and Ride a Raptor are the last two stories that we're waiting to get from the editor, so check your email, everyone!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Great news! All of the unsolicited stories have been edited and returned to the authors for reviews! As soon as all of the authors have returned the stories we can move on to the next milestone.