NOVEL: The Constellation Tournament

Come here to request a critique of your work or find beta readers.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST YOUR WORK OR A LINK TO YOUR MANUSCRIPT HERE :!:

If you do, it will be considered first publication and you will not be able to sell it to a publisher. This forums is to make the connections with people so you can send them your work via a link in a private message or exchange other contact info.

Before post please READ TIHS POST for instructions for posting a critique or beta request on this forum.
RonfarZ3
Chapter Book

NOVEL: The Constellation Tournament

Post by RonfarZ3 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:00 am

Title: The Constellation Tournament (trilogy of 3 novels)
Length, Draft and Language: ~300,000 words in total (not yet finished with the last part, but close) / Part 1 is in 3rd revision, Part 2 is in 2nd revision and Part 3 was just written this November / English
Brief Summary: [from Part 1] Every 1,000 years, the constellations in the sky battle each other to determine who will hold the distinction of being the center of the universe. This year marks the 7th iteration of the tournament and as most of the 88 constellations gather at the tournament complex to duke it out, some of the constellations have been sealed away for safety's sake. And yet, quite a few unknown fighters are entering the tournament: hoping to be immortalized in the sky. As the battles become more intense, many questions arise from the spectators. Who will get to control supernovas and black holes? Who will be the new Zodiac signs? Who will win it all and claim the ultimate power of the universe – the power of the Ωmegα Protocol?
Genre & Keywords: Science Fantasy, Constellation, Tournament, Battle, Dark Energy, Anti-matter
Known Issues: Passive voice, overuse of words, run-on / awkward sentences
Critique Requested: Anything that you notice that pulls you away from the story
Critique Tolerance: I’ve already had some pretty harsh read-throughs of Parts 1 and 2, so I’m prepared for plenty of red ink.
Experience & Goals: These are my 4th, 5th, and 6th novels. I have self-published my first three in a variety of formats (e-book, paperback, hardcover). Looking to do the same with this trilogy over the next few years.
Method of Communication: e-mail
Anything else? Would like periodic progress updates so that I know it’s being read.
Excerpt/Link: Part 1 - Seventh Iteration / Part 2 - Ωmegα Protocol / Part 3 - Sol Champion
The Fluxion Trilogy available on Smashwords! Follow BMW the Author on Twitter and Facebook!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: NOVEL: The Constellation Tournament

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Seems interesting, but at the pace I read this would take me a long time to get through... If I could do it in smaller chunks I probably would.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

ALKessler
Short Story

Re: NOVEL: The Constellation Tournament

Post by ALKessler » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm sorry Ben. I don't have the time to dedicate to this. :( Good luck finding some awesome beta readers!