Forum Tips

Discuss anything off-topic in this forum.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

Forum Tips

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 am

I understand that some of you guys may be new to forums, so you don't know the cool features that you can use to make the most out of this software with minimal effort. So, I'll try to add some of those tips here.

Email notification for changes
At the bottom of any forum or topic you will see a Subscribe link. Click on that to get email about changes made to that forum or topic. You can check your notification settings under the User Control Panel (person looking icon at the top right blue bar), then click on the Board Preferences tab, and then click Edit Notification Settings on the left.

See latest posts only
Confused by having to check multiple forums for just one or two new messages in each? There is an easier way.

At the top left of the blue menu bar, click on the 3 horizontal bars between Home and Forums. You will get a drop down menu with several options. I suggest the Active Topics and Unread Posts links, as that should only show you the new content, making it easier to see the relevant and recent topics.

That's all I have for now. If anyone comes up with more tips I can add them here easily enough.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage