Why must we write?

Discuss anything off-topic in this forum.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

Why must we write?

Post by JL Zenor » Mon May 11, 2015 2:55 pm

[youtubestartat]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBucTr46SM&t=36[/youtubestartat]
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

Joe
Flash Fiction

Re: Why must we write?

Post by Joe » Fri May 22, 2015 6:31 pm

That was so wonderful. Sometimes that's how I feel when people complain about my work. Especially when they tell me to stop writing the horror. It's frustrating, because people who influence me constantly tell me to write cuter, less violent things, but it's really hard some days. I'm not trying to focus on the difficult times in my life, but rather express them in the most positive way. Had I not started doing this and made it such a huge part of my life, I may have slaughtered someone's family at this point.
This calls for cake!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: Why must we write?

Post by JL Zenor » Fri May 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Joe wrote:That was so wonderful. Sometimes that's how I feel when people complain about my work. Especially when they tell me to stop writing the horror. It's frustrating, because people who influence me constantly tell me to write cuter, less violent things, but it's really hard some days. I'm not trying to focus on the difficult times in my life, but rather express them in the most positive way. Had I not started doing this and made it such a huge part of my life, I may have slaughtered someone's family at this point.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or terrified at that....
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage