A Salute from the Pine Tree State

Discuss anything off-topic in this forum.
Joe
Flash Fiction

A Salute from the Pine Tree State

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Well, I'm in Maine now. It's official. I've gone and done it now. Moved clear across this beautiful country (Most parts of it, anyways) and have settled in Maine for what looks like for good because of personal reasons involving a custody battle.

I'm excited to be home, but It's with a somber tear streaking down a face dusted with red Colorado rocks, I am going to miss the place I called "home" for so long, and I will never be able to thank my fellow writers enough for being there for me.

It bums me out to think it will be so long before I see my second favorite state, and I'm going to do the best I can to keep up to date with the forums and my writing as well. Currently, I am in a cafe (the only one for thirty miles) and anything I do on the internet will have to be done here, whereas the library is closed across the street from my house.

I've considered getting my own house. Pretty tired of moving from tiny apartment to tinier apartment. Special shout out to Jon and Lena for being there for me on my last night in Colorado. I'll drink myself a brisk Canadian beer in your names tonight.

I promised Jon that I would go onto the forums here more often and, well, here I am.

Right now I've set up a gore fest story just for funsies, and I think I will be writing it next Camp NaNoWriMo. Yes. If you know me, you'll know that last year I shook my fist with fury in hand to the writing gods above, and in the pouring rain and thunder lighting the sky behind me from the midst of a dark cemetery, that I vowed never to write for Camp NaNoWriMo again, but, what the hell.

This project is going to be called, "Bloodmoose". A vengeful moose constantly dripping blood and has antlers of rod iron forged by the devil himself, and hooves of polished steel who attacks a tired town deep in the woods of Maine where not even a silent prayer escapes. Thoughts?

Current reads: "Horns" by Joe Hill, and I've asked for the Silo Series by Hugh Howey for Christmas. If I don't get them then, I'll buy them myself. The nearest book store is two hours from my house, so it'll have to be a worthy trip to the "city".

Current Watches: "The 100". Do it. Now. I believe it is on Netflix, and it's Jon's kind of watch I believe.
This calls for cake!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: A Salute from the Pine Tree State

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm glad you made it back home safely, despite the snow trying to keep you away.

You considered buying a house? Did plans change?

Sounds like a fun story to write. I hope you do keep in touch, and that things go well with the custody battle.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage