STAR WARS! What did you think? (Spoilers!)

Discuss anything off-topic in this forum.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

STAR WARS! What did you think? (Spoilers!)

Post by JL Zenor » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:03 pm

For those who have not seen the movie, STOP NOW!

There will be spoilers in here.

For everyone else who is dying to share their thoughts with someone, what did you think?

The setup for the next movie is extremely interesting... can't wait to see how an old Luke trains Rey. Also, I thought it was really cool how this movie showed a hint of how the first Jedi started. They didn't directly address or even bring up the question, but the things that happened that kind of guided Rey to her force abilities without proper training showed how it would be possible for the first Jedi to form.

Thoughts?
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

ALKessler
Short Story

Re: STAR WARS! What did you think? (Spoilers!)

Post by ALKessler » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:00 am

I can't believe they killed Han, I cried. Hard. I'm very excited to see a kick a$$ female lead! I've also seen a lot of different theories floating around about her, Brandon and I are personally fans of the one where she's Luke's daughter. I'm super excited to see the rest and how it all plays out. I want to see it again, but alas, I need a baby sitter.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah, that was an intense scene. Loved the lead character. I wish they would explain R2's role in a lot more detail. Otherwise it just seems like convenient events that happen for no other reason than to move the plot along. :P
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.

Brittany Thurman
Flash Fiction

Post by Brittany Thurman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:11 pm

Has anyone read the book? I'm convinced that Rey is Luke's daughter, too (so many similarities!!!!), although I read an interesting theory that she was Obi-wan Kenobi's daughter, but I don't think I buy that.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:23 am

Brittany Thurman wrote:Has anyone read the book? I'm convinced that Rey is Luke's daughter, too (so many similarities!!!!), although I read an interesting theory that she was Obi-wan Kenobi's daughter, but I don't think I buy that.
I hope she's from some new family of force users. However, the trailer where Luke says the fore is strong with his family... "I have it, my sister has it..." might suggest she's related somehow.

RonfarZ3
Chapter Book

Post by RonfarZ3 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:32 am

Unfortunately, I've read that the Extended Universe canon is now out with this film, so it's anyone's guess.
I too am of the opinion that Rey is Luke's daughter, mainly because of her ability to pick up the Force quickly (probably because her mother was an awesome Jedi as well) and the fact that she looks like she could be Natalie Portman's granddaughter . . .
The Fluxion Trilogy available on Smashwords! Follow BMW the Author on Twitter and Facebook!

Joe
Flash Fiction

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:06 pm

I don't have my computer so I'll just keep my review simple; I thought it was a wonderful passing of the torch to a generation anew of star wars fans. It was, i believe, symbolic of introducing kids today to our favorite thing. Like paying down the car, or letting your child play with your old toys. I think this was what that was about. I, personally, have no beef with it. I thought it felt like a star wars movie, and they didn't beat any dead horses. That is my review.
This calls for cake!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:42 pm

Joe wrote:I thought it felt like a star wars movie, and they didn't beat any dead horses.
Well said, and I agree.