STAR WARS TRAILER!

Discuss anything off-topic in this forum.
JL Zenor
Young Adult

STAR WARS TRAILER!

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 am

What are your thoughts?
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage

hopechristine
Picture Book

Re: STAR WARS TRAILER!

Post by hopechristine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:46 am

So, I have seen this movie advertised EVERYWHERE (even on canned soup), and it makes me really, really worried because usually Disney only does this with movies they know will flop. Star Wars basically sells itself anyway *suspicion radar on high alert*.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Hype sells, that's why we see it everywhere... It has a lot of potential to be good. It can't be much worse than what Lucas did with episode 1.
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm

A detailed break down of the trailer: http://io9.com/heres-a-shot-by-shot-bre ... 1737486310

RonfarZ3
Chapter Book

Post by RonfarZ3 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:15 pm

To be honest, I'm a fan of J.J. Abrams' work and (while we might see some lens flare here and there) I feel he's pretty good at understanding story, character, and respecting source material. And while it might seem pretty hyped, consider this: we've only had two trailers and a teaser for this film . . . which is a lot less than other films get (heck, Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur" already has three trailers and it comes out next year). The reason it feels like it's getting more attention is the simple fact that it's Star Wars: one of the most beloved franchises of all time.
The Fluxion Trilogy available on Smashwords! Follow BMW the Author on Twitter and Facebook!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 pm

The only other J.J. works I know of is his Star Trek reboot which he completely ruined.... Sigh.

But, he probably knows more about Star Wars anyway so is less likely to screw things up. :P

RonfarZ3
Chapter Book

Post by RonfarZ3 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 pm

As more of a Star Wars fan, and light years away from being a Trekkie, I liked the Star Trek reboot (and its sequel). :twisted:
He also did Mission Impossible: III and Super 8, as well as the TV Shows Alias and Lost.
The Fluxion Trilogy available on Smashwords! Follow BMW the Author on Twitter and Facebook!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:33 pm

RonfarZ3 wrote:As more of a Star Wars fan, and light years away from being a Trekkie, I liked the Star Trek reboot (and its sequel). :twisted:
He also did Mission Impossible: III and Super 8, as well as the TV Shows Alias and Lost.
So, there is a going theory that seems to always hold true, that people who are larger Star Wars fans than Star Trek fans really liked the new J.J. Trek movies. That's basically because he made Star Wars movies but mislabeled them Star Trek. :P

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Post by JL Zenor » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Someone took all the footage from the trailers and mixed them into one long trailer. It's pretty cool.