The Long Walk -Stephen King

Discuss your favorite books or authors here.
Joe
Flash Fiction

The Long Walk -Stephen King

Post by Joe » Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm

A little story about a group of boys who are selected to walk the entire length of the state of Maine, and if any falter. . .well, let's just say they don't get to see who wins.

I connected to it with a deep personal way, with how I've been on a twenty five mile ruck march, and the emotions, and soreness the boys encounter are completely relatable to me just because Mr. King describes actual pains and thoughts from a human body walking for an unnatural amount of time.

Personally, I love Mr. King and this splendid novel, but be warned, readers. It reaches a climax, but has no downplaying action. . .at all. So the trip through this book is a delight, but be prepared for a disappointing end.
This calls for cake!

JL Zenor
Young Adult

Re: The Long Walk -Stephen King

Post by JL Zenor » Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm

I've heard that about King, that he has disappointing endings in his otherwise really good books. I know I thought that about the Dark Tower series. That ending was not worth the 7 book journey. :x

It is interesting how some books relate to us. I don't want to go on a 25 mile ruck march to relate to this book. I'll let you have that joy. :D
Hugh Howey wrote:In everything you do as an author, work harder than anyone else around you. Want it more than you want anything else in life. Even if fortune doesn’t favor you, you’ll have zero regrets, and you’ll create something you’re proud of.
Check out my books: Rite of Passage